Monday, December 28, 2009

Cold weather shooting,,,,,the gear.....

Folks,
I shot a bit of clays this past weekend, and the topic of everyone's discussion was how cold it was, weather it was going to rain or not, and how shooter's hate shooting wear heavy clothing. So naturally friends and students wanted to know how I deal with this conundrum. Well here is the most common piece of gear I use this time of year..... the Beretta Wind Barrier Sweater. They are warm wool, with a membrane liner that is totally wind proof, and water resistant. You get a warm outer garment, that is totally windproof, has some stretch to it so you are not restricted with your gun mount, and it looks sharp to boot! Highly recommended.....
Beretta Wind Barrier Shooting Sweater / Windbarrier Sweater - XXL

Orvis Beretta Wind Barrier Shooting Sweater

I was also wearing a new pair of boots.....a nice Christmas gift from my father, and I think they have earned a spot in the traveling gear box in my truck. These are boots from the Muck Boot Company....they are warm, dry, easy on and off, and just wash them off with the hose when they get filthy.....
MuckBoots Adult Scrub Boot,Garden Green,Men's 11 M/Women's 12 M
MuckBoots Adult Scrub Boot,Garden Green,Men's 11 M/Women's 12 M

Best,

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment